Surface Shader

Post your tutorials and help questions in this forum
spercy_forum

Surface Shader

Post by spercy_forum »

Hello all, I am new to Kray and have am trying to get some information together about how the surface shader plugins work and how best to use them. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction Thanks
Janusz Biela

Re: Surface Shader

Post by Janusz Biela »

spercy wrote:Hello all, I am new to Kray and have am trying to get some information together about how the surface shader plugins work and how best to use them. Would anyone be kind enough to point me in the right direction Thanks
You mean shaders from Kray?
Now are 3 shaders from Kray, all shader I use in my renders becouse they help me strong.

1/KrayIndirectRays
desaturate: 100% make white (gray) bounce color information (very good for wood floor ) they reduce colored on wall and ceiling past bounce light sun.
Ideal 50-100%, 0% is OFF.
Multiply: I don`t use this, but if You need: no problem (extra bounce lights for surface) same Multiplier in Kray. Sometimes I use it for lumi poly (they make stronger shadow, contrast, light) good is 2-3, but You can use 10.
Limit dynamic range: experimental shader (make fantastic light from small lumi poly without strong blum near lumi poly) This is hard for use....

2/KraySkyPortal

My favorite :)
Make fantastic photons position, very "inteligent" shader. They collect light from outside area and shot item to room but....very "inteligent" - reduce strong light near windows, make very good contrast, make very good light around obiects. This is best shader from Kray. I use only this for lights inside rooms, small lights to.
Importance must be 100%, Visible make loooooong render - You don`t need this. Caustic portal for caustic effect if You need.

3/KraySurfaceOption
Control diffuse model : turn ON this shader
It is individual control FG for surfaces. Good for leavs on tree (You don`t need good FG on leavs becouse they is far). Good for far obiects.
Control FG need turn ON, You can use very low setup for far obiect: 20/50 or similar. For very far obiects You can use: Diffuse model - photon filtered without Control FG Rays.
Attachments
KraySurfaceOptions.jpg
KraySurfaceOptions.jpg (74.04 KiB) Viewed 4281 times
KraySkyportal.jpg
KraySkyportal.jpg (39.2 KiB) Viewed 4309 times
KrayIndirectRays.jpg
KrayIndirectRays.jpg (36.02 KiB) Viewed 4296 times
phile_forum

Re: Surface Shader

Post by phile_forum »

Johny_quick wrote:2/KraySkyPortal

My favorite :)
Oh Johny, you tease us! :D
Planet Indifferent - CGI by Phil Emery
http://www.planetindifferent.co.uk
spercy_forum

Surface Shaders

Post by spercy_forum »

Thanks thats very helpful
mx

shaders-KrayIndirectRays

Post by mx »

Hi there, I am very keen to get started with testing out the Kray shaders and can see how to load them but where can I find them as they are not in my list of shaders already?
Haven1000

Re: shaders-KrayIndirectRays

Post by Haven1000 »

mx wrote:Hi there, I am very keen to get started with testing out the Kray shaders and can see how to load them but where can I find them as they are not in my list of shaders already?
You need to remove the kray plugin, then add it again. This is what I do for every new version, just incase G has added or removed plugins (like the shaders).
"Place your vote now for the Kraydar pixel filter"
vsele

Post by vsele »

In my version I have only the Surface shader...the others are still for beta testers...or not?
acidarrow

Post by acidarrow »

Yeah that's right, consider that post from a Johny a sneak preview of things to come ;)